Saturday, September 18, 2010

SAM SATTLER OF BOOK CHASE,,THE WIZARD OF BOOKS







Sam Sattler
Gender: Male
Location: Houston : Texas : United States
About Me
Avid reader and fan of real country music who loves to talk about both...

Interests
BooksMoviesCountry MusicBaseball
Favorite Movies
The GodfatherThe Buddy Holly StoryDefending Your LifeO Brother Where Art ThouPulp FictionJackie BrownTo Kill a MockingbirdWalk the LineOld YellerOpen RangeRio BravoLonesome DoveUnforgiven
Favorite Music
Real Country Musicmade by the legends and the legends-to-be
Favorite Books
Favorite authors includeJoyce Carol OatesMark TwainCharles DickensRuth RendellJames Lee BurkeLarry McMurtryJohn IrvingElmer Keltonand Elizabeth George
My Blogs Team Members
Bluegrass & Honky Tonks
Book Chase
Books of the Century Challenge Tia Clark Tim

Blogs I Follow
A Garden Carried in the Pocket
A Work in Progress
Bibliolatry
Bluegrass Music Museum News
Bookpuddle
Chick with Books
Dreaming In Text
Ex Libris
mike draper of Guilford, Ct
Naked Without Books
Nina Vida on Writing
Ready When You Are, C.B.
Semicolon
Something to Write About
The Book Mine Set
The class factotum speaks
The Reading Life
Thoughts on writing from a Cul-de-Sac

I am taking the liberty of posting what Sam said to me about himself in a e-mail and shows what kind of human he is.
"My love of bluegrass and roots country music, that keeps me going east every summer. I'm a Civil War buff and I've visited all the battlefield parks now, spending hundreds of hours exploring them on foot in late evening or very early mornings because I get a feel that the spirits of the dead are with me then. Some of my great great grandfathers fought on the side of the South and I love to revisit the sites upon which they fought in battle.


I really need to retire while I'm still young enough to drive the countless miles I still look forward to experiencing. For the past five summers, I've made a 2000 mile round trip to Owensboro, KY, for the International Bluegrass Music Museum's big four-day fundraiser. That's about all I can cram in while working full time other than the occasional side trip to Dallas or Austin for music and book events."


Sam

PLEASE VISIT SAMS BOOK CHASE SITE AND ALSO HIS LOVE FOR BLUEGRASS MUSIC THROUGH HIS OTHER SITE AS SHOWN

Bluegrass & Honky Tonks
Bluegrass is one of the purest forms of real country music still around, and this blog is meant as a celebration of Bluegrass and other Traditional Country music. We will highlight those who create the real thing today and the legends who showed them the way.The quote is from Sam on his site.

WizardofBaum

THIS BLOG HONORING SAM IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND WILL BE UPDATED ALL THE TIME.

No comments: