Thursday, January 3, 2013

L. FRANK BAUM QUOTES,,AUTHOR OF THE WIZARD OF OZ



L. Frank Baum quotes (showing 1-50 of 92)

“There is no place like home.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“As they passed the rows of houses they saw through the open doors that men were sweeping and dusting and washing dishes, while the women sat around in groups, gossiping and laughing.

What has happened?' the Scarecrow asked a sad-looking man with a bushy beard, who wore an apron and was wheeling a baby carriage along the sidewalk.

Why, we've had a revolution, your Majesty -- as you ought to know very well,' replied the man; 'and since you went away the women have been running things to suit themselves. I'm glad you have decided to come back and restore order, for doing housework and minding the children is wearing out the strength of every man in the Emerald City.'

Hm!' said the Scarecrow, thoughtfully. 'If it is such hard work as you say, how did the women manage it so easily?'

I really do not know,' replied the man, with a deep sigh. 'Perhaps the women are made of cast-iron.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Marvelous Land of Oz
“That proves you are unusual,' returned the Scarecrow; 'and I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Land Of Oz
“I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you are in luck not to have a heart.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.”
― L. Frank Baum
“Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“You have plenty of courage, I am sure," answered Oz. "All you need is confidence in yourself. There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid, and that kind of courage you have in plenty.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Books of Wonder)
“Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
- Wizard”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“Now I know I've got a heart because it is breaking.
- Tin Man”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“You have some queer friends, Dorothy,' she said.

The queerness doesn't matter, so long as they're friends,' was the answer”
― L. Frank BaumThe Road to Oz
“If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“Never give up. No one knows what's going to happen next.”
― L. Frank Baum
“How very wet this water is.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Marvelous Land of Oz
“Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“I shall take the heart. For brains do not make one happy, and happiness is the best thing in the world.

― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.”
― L. Frank Baum
“Oh - You're a very bad man!"

Oh, no my dear. I'm a very good man. I'm just a very bad Wizard.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“Oh, I see;" said the Tin Woodman. "But, after all, brains are not the best things in the world."
Have you any?" enquired the Scarecrow.
No, my head is quite empty," answered the Woodman; "but once I had brains, and a heart also; so, having tried them both, I should much rather have a heart.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“A baby has brains, but it doesn't know much. Experience is the only thing that brings knowledge, and the longer you are on earth the more experience you are sure to get.


― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“My world, my world... How can such a good little girl like you destroy all of my beautiful wickedness.
- Wicket Witch of the North”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“Toto did not really care whether he was in Kansas or the Land of Oz so long as Dorothy was with him; but he knew the little girl was unhappy, and that made him unhappy too.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“You people with hearts,' he said once, 'have something to guide you, and need never do wrong; but I have no heart, and so I must be very careful.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“Everything has to come to an end, sometime.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Marvelous Land of Oz
“No matter how dreary and gray our homes are, we people of flesh and blood would rather live there than in any other country, be it ever so beautiful. There is no place like home.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“If we walk far enough," says Dorothy, "we shall sometime come to someplace.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“As a matter of fact, we are none of us above criticism; so let us bear with each other's faults.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Marvelous Land of Oz
“To 'know Thyself' is considered quite an accomplishment.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Marvelous Land of Oz
“No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Lost Princess of Oz
“Never question the truth of what you fail to understand, for the world is filled with wonders.”
― L. Frank BaumRinkitink in Oz
“All the same,' said the Scarecrow, 'I shall ask for brains instead of a heart; for a fool would not know what to do with a heart if he had one.'
I shall take the heart,' returned the Tin Woodman, 'for brains do not make one happy, and happiness is the best thing in the world.”
― L. Frank BaumOz: The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz
“Can't you give me brains?" asked the Scarecrow.
"You don't need them. You are learning something every day. A baby has brains, but it doesn't know much. Experience is the only thing that brings knowledge, and the longer you are on earth the more experience you are sure to get.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“Imagination has brought mankind through the Dark Ages to its present state of civilization. Imagination led Columbus to discover America. Imagination led Franklin to discover electricity. Imagination has given us the steam engine, the telephone, the talking-machine and the automobile, for these things had to be dreamed of before they became realities. So I believe that dreams - day dreams, you know, with your eyes wide open and your brain-machinery whizzing - are likely to lead to the betterment of the world. The imaginative child will become the imaginative man or woman most apt to create, to invent, and therefore to foster civilization.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Lost Princess of Oz
“You see, in this country are a number of youths who do not like to work, and the college is an excellent place for them.”
― L. Frank BaumOzma Of Oz
“To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward.”
― L. Frank Baum
“But you will admit that it is a very good thing to be alive.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Marvelous Land of Oz
“My people have been wearing green glasses on their eyes for so long that most of them think this really is an Emerald City.”
― L. Frank BaumOz: The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz
“And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.”
― L. Frank Baum
“For I consider brains far superior to money in every way. You may have noticed that if one has money without brains, he cannot use it to his advantage; but if one has brains without money, they will enable him to live comfortably to the end of his days.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“I shall really be very unhappy unless you give me the sort of courage that makes one forget he is afraid.”
― L. Frank Baum
“To be angry once in a while is really good fun, because it makes others so miserable. But to be angry morning, noon and night, as I am, grows monotonous and prevents my gaining any other pleasure in life.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Emerald City of Oz
“. . .It is the Law that while Evil, unopposed, may accomplish terrible deeds, the power of Good can never be overthrown when opposed to Evil. . .”
― L. Frank BaumThe Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
“I'll miss you most of all scarecrow.”
― L. Frank Baum
“Time is given us to be happy and for no other reason [...] When we waste time, we waste happiness.”
― L. Frank Baum
“I am Oz, the Great and Terrible,"
spoke the Beast, in a voice that was one great roar.
Who are you, and why do you seek me?”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“During the year I stood there I had known was the loss of my heart. While I was in love I was the happiest man on earth.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz
“All the same," said the Scarecrow, "I shall ask for brains instead of a heart; for a fool would not know what to do with a heart if he had one.”
― L. Frank Baum
“It's so kind of you to want to visit me in my loneliness. - The Wicked Witch of the West.

Now I know I have a heart, because it's breaking. - The Tin Woodsman

Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.”
― L. Frank Baum
“People would rather live in homes regardless of its grayness. There is no place like home.”
― L. Frank BaumThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz

No comments: