Friday, April 18, 2014

NAMES OF THE COLOR PLATES FOR THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ,,1899,,FIRST EDITION BY L. FRANK BAUM

Color Plates:
Title page
“I am the Witch of the North.”
“You must be a great sorceress.”
“Dorothy gazed thoughtfully at the Scarecrow.”
“’I was only made yesterday,’ said the Scarecrow.”
“’This is a great comfort,’ said the Tin Woodman.”
“You ought to be ashamed of yourself!”
“The tree fell with a crash into the gulf.”
“The Stork carried him up into the air.”
“Permit me to introduce to you her majesty, the Queen.”
“She caught Toto by the ear.”
“The Lion ate some of the porridge.”
“The Eyes looked at her thoughtfully.”
“The Soldier with the green whiskers led them through the streets.”
“The Monkeys caught Dorothy in their arms and flew away with her.” “The Tinsmiths worked for three days and four nights.”
“The Monkeys wound many coils about his body.”
“Exactly so! I am a humbug.”
“’I feel wise, indeed,’ said the Scarecrow.”
“The Scarecrow sat on the big throne.”
“The branches beat down and twined around him.”
“The Head shot forward and struck the Scarecrow.”
“You must give me the Golden Cup.”

No comments: