Wednesday, May 13, 2009

THE STORK...by MARK SHAPIRO



I asked my mother where I came from one day

And she said sit down my son for I have alot to say

'

She told me a stork brought me to earth

And that she had taken care of me since birth



I was left on the doorstep she said with a smile

And now I felt complete for the first time in awhile



We went to the zoo that week

And I was excited to see a stork for more than a peek



When I saw the stork didnt look like me

I asked my mom why and she said, "son, soon Ill tell you about the birds and bee"



I was five and now more confused than ever

And now didnt think my mom was so clever



Years went on and I waited for the tale of the birds and bee

But never did she tell this story to me



I began to date girls after high school

And felt quite the fool



For having been left on the doorstep by a stork

I felt like a complete dork



The girl I was dating left me soon after

In a fit of laughter



And to this day i sit and wonder

How I did blunder



For mabye I should seek a stork to love

Since my real mom was a stork from above





>

No comments: